Here you will find first aid measures, emergency call and poison emergency call, important information in case of emergency and behavioral rules for poisoning.
In an emergency, be sure to dial one of the following telephone numbers (without area code):
110 - Police
112 - Fire Department
For poisonings, you can then contact a poison control center located near the poison poison center:
- Homburg / Saar
First aid for poisoning
- Keep calm, do not take hasty measures, especially salt water, do not give milk, do not induce vomiting
- For severe symptoms such as unconsciousness and shortness of breath, use ABC measures
- Notify the emergency doctor (phone numbers 112 or 110 or 19222)
- Call at a Poison Information Center
- Give some sips to drink (water, tea or juice, but no milk!)
- After eye contact or skin contact, rinse with water
- After inhalation of toxic gases supply fresh air
Important information in case of emergency
- Who (age, weight of the person concerned)
- What (exact name of the toxin, best read from the pack)
- When (exact time of taking)
- How was it taken? (drunk, eaten, inhaled, by skin contact?)
- How much (exact quantity or maximum amount) was taken?
- Where did it happen?
- What has been done so far?
- How is the person? (Vomiting, fatigue, pain?)
- How is the caller reachable? (Call-back number)