When applying mascara often mistakes are made. Before applying the mascara, dip the brush several times in the bottle and then rub off at the edge? Not correct! Here are the most common mascara DONTs and why you should avoid them.
- Before applying, do not put the brush into the bottle several times. This creates unnecessary air bubbles that do not evenly moisten the brush and allow the mascara to dry out faster.
- Do not paint the apparent residues on the edge before application, this will speed up clumping.
- Eye care creams should not be applied to eyelashes. As a result, mascara on the eyelashes can not hold properly.
- Each mascara should be disposed of after 3 to 6 months or as soon as it crumbles or smells unpleasant. The maximum durability is mostly noted on the mascara.
- The popular eyelash curler brings more momentum in the eyelashes. But only if applied before applying the mascara. For fragile eyelashes eyelash curler is not suitable.
- The best care brittle eyelashes are cream mascaras with additional nourishing ingredients. Waterproof mascara should be avoided.
- Sensitive eyes can not tolerate oily eye make-up remover.
- As soon as the eyes are inflamed, for example in conjunctivitis, the mascara must not be used at all. After the inflammation subsides, the use of a new mascara is recommended, as the old one might still contain bacteria, which in turn causes the inflammation repeatedly.
- Mascara should always be used only for your own eyelashes. This reduces the risk of transmitting bacteria. Borrowing from girlfriends is taboo.